Hello folks, who can remember their school days?I can.I remember...

1. 143 Posts.
    Hello folks,
    who can remember their school days?I can.I remember my school with great fondness. Saint Brinus Secondary modern.Steaped in history & tradition.Dating back centuries including a good measure of famouse people to walk it's lengh & breadth.Cromwell left his usual calling card smashing gargoyles & other artifacts.Not an exclusive school,memorable most defenately.
    With fondness I remember the teachers.Mr Dawson in particular.His arrival was well marked.On a day the boys had waited for in earnest.Snow.At recess everyone was outside.Snowball fights.Absolute terrific fun.No one was favourite everyone was an enemy.
    Mr Dawson drove up the driveway toward the heads office.Stepped out of his old beat up morris 10.He was a dead ringer for Danny de Vito.Right at that same moment a well aimed snowball found it,s mark hitting him on the sconse&covering him in powderry snow.Well as you know that's not on .In those days there exsisted a diferance between master & pupil.The resposible boy was confronted,myself, marched of for the standard six of the best.Remember them I'll bet.
    Mr Dawson was to be our new metalwork teacher.Our first class with him was great.Discaplin was his hallmark. Past masters were constantly frustrated with boys not having aprons,dirty aprons,aprons with no strings&the list of excuses trails along.Not for Mr Dawson though. He showed the boy's his answer to the problem.Two cardboard boxes in a promonant position on the workbench.One contained sewing needles& cloth.The other buttons.In future any boy who came to his class,apart from today,not presenting the apropriate apron spent his time sewinng buttons on material.Well I must say this news reached to all the boys quicker than a speeding snowball.Everyone without exception fronted up in shiny white aprons.You would think it was a bakery class.Can you just imagine the ignamy of it in the playground later after spending the afternoon in suferance sewing on buttons.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.