School homework.. very disturbing, page-10

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    rebel

I made my son do two hours every night from year 9 through to year 12.
    In my experience if you get your kids doing something like that at the start of highschool then that's all most of them will ever need. The occasional more for the month when a subject is particularly difficult or a bit less on some importanat social occasions.
    The best thing IMO is to read their homework and correct make some comments and get them to correct it, even if you don't understand the subject that well common sense will tell you if it makes sense or not. After doing that for about a year my son did it the right way first time but I still checked.
    Whether or not the children end up going to uni or doing some other job getting good grades in highschool and learning to do the right amount of work at the right time will give them a good foundation and grades so they have a much wider choice of what they want to go into.
    I also kept telling my son the job you start with is just the start with proper grades and education you can change that job. With a uni degree even if you don't want to work in that field you have all the basic core subjects and you can then go back later and do some additional study to get a different major.

Just my opinion mind.

My motto: The right amount of work at the right time and do it right the first time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.