Schumer calls for Netanyahu, page-20

1. 17,311 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I maybe am going too deeply into it. But, as you point out, there is a long history which effectively started with five Arab nations invading Israel on day one. And terrorism and harassment of Israelis has continued ever since. Those Palestinians who live in Israel perfectly happily are regarded as traitors to the cause

and yes I agree the Palestinians - or more specifically Hamas and before them the PLO are not trusted - certainly not by Egypt who has stuck with the ceasefire agreement.

i try to understand what is going on and the complexities because my view is that if you do not you can end up with the wrong conclusions and the wrong solutions.

I wrote on another thread about some of the history including a quote early on relating to ongoing harassment. And I agree with you that Israel believe that they are at risk of losing it all and imo that they are sick to death with the terrorist actions.

I agree with your last paragraph but some people can’t stop themselves from raising these matters in their posts in different forms and I guess I can’t let well enough alone - for better or worse

I guess I find it somewhat hypocritical that some choose to call out Israel with great vehemence and fail to notice, acknowledge or mention the ongoing terrorism. Or question what actually happened to many of those killed or captured by Hamas. Or suggest that if one tries to mention the history that has probably led to this point that is taken as a lack of concern for those who have been killed.

I cannot help being curious what they will do or say when their preferred goal - which is either creation of two states and/or the destructive action of Israel through the cessation of funding or support. I’m not sure they even care

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.