sciatic nerve, page-14

1. BMD
    2,433 Posts.
    Hello ahjay,
    I had two disc ruptured and did I have surgery.(roof fall).15 years later and the remaining disc are prolapsed and I must be careful on lifting,twisting and getting out of cars,chairs etc.I try not to slip on tiles or carefully walk on stairs.
    But,firstly,can I suggest you asking for a lumbar MRI scan and see a neurosurgeon of whom can interpret any remedy.
    My recent bout had me on a mattress on the floor for about 10 days,and a scan showed two disc bulged.However,I walked like others here(painful) but pushed on and most certainly found swimming in neutral gravity very helpful.Even just a paddle board out front and gentle leg kicks constantly,everyday helps relax muscle tissue immediately around the inflammation point.Can I also suggest that you ask the neurosurgeon about a physiotherapy regime that would be applicable to your injury.
    Stomach and lower back tightening exercise whilst sitting all help slowly wind you back to a less painfull day.
    I've come to learn that I have no expectation of taking a few tablets and back to full steam next day.Takes weeks and I have to get used to it.
    When you get relief ,you appreciate it and will be as vigilant as possible to not get yourself in such a condition again.
    Wish you well friend.BMD

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.