"Why do you think more bricks require more strength (force) to...

1. 26,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "Why do you think more bricks require more strength (force) to lift?"
    -------------------------------
    I tell ya what, drop one brick on your left foot and a pack on your right foot, tell me which one hurts the most.
    But apparently, part of that pain is because of the upward force of your foot when they hit hahaha.
    I'm sitting here and can feel the seat on my backside, well,,,,,, apparently the feel here is two forces haha.
    Agree. You're just supporting the theory of gravity and Newton's third law (every action has an equal and opposite reaction)

So if I'm not careful and hop up quickly, by jo the chair might take off ha.
    The equal and opposite force that you feel on the chair is due to the strength of the material from which the chair is made and Newton's third law. The forces that gives the material in the chair its strength is not a gravitational force. If you weigh too much for the chair it will collapse but not fly away in any other sense. All this makes sense in terms of the known scientific theories.

"Moon moving away - haha, don't tell Mr G about this Abracadabra gravity stuff, he doesn't believe in that type of magic."
    It's not abracadabra stuff, but well understood. I have no idea what MrGordon thinks about the issue, so I shall not guess.

Apparently, gravity can explain anything you like, you just need a good imagination and that includes the things you can't explain.
    You wish. No it can't explain everything that I like. It can't explain electromagnetic forces, nuclear forces, the forces that give the chair strength.... etc and the theories of gravity fail at the quantum level.
    We do not yet have a verified theory for everything
    These forces act in different ways and over different distances so the forces that give the chair it's strength don't act over a distance like gravity does.

We don't know what the force is BUT- Yea I can calculate the effects of and Elephant sitting on me too, and they are not Good
    Correct.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.