"There is no robot designed that can test words with the ear!"...

1. 27,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "There is no robot designed that can test words with the ear!"
    Well, that's not really true. Voice recognition systems are already developed and their development continues.

"If I ask Siri to wake me at 7 in the morning to catch a rocket to the moon,she/it will comply without hesitation."
    People involved in the computer industry will tell you that consistency and accuracy are vital for computer systems. For example systems that land aircraft need to perform reliably and consistently to ensure safety and their ability to do so far exceeds the abilities of any human - otherwise they would not be used. Imagine the consequences if such a system decided it didn't want to work as planned at a critical moment while landing.

"Human intelligence far exceeds anything man can design."
    Currently this is true. But computers can deal with volumes of calculations and data far quicker and more accurately than any human could. Modern society has become reliant on computers with these abilities. In using this Internet service we are relying on computer systems to communicate our posts far more efficiently than ever before.

"We are created in such a way God can determine what is in our hearts based on our response to his word. We do need to comply willingly to the Designer."
    That's a matter of faith, and each religious sect has its own take on what it means to comply with "the Designer" which strongly suggests that the idea of complying with a Designer is purely the imagination of human minds and nothing to do with the Designer.

It seems that the Designer wants us to behave like a well designed computer system - that is comply willingly with the Designer's wishes leaving no real room for freedom of choice; just like a system to land an aircraft. I'm guessing that you will tell me that the alternative is an equivalent to an aircraft crashing which does not represent a freedom of choice if we have any intelligence that is.

------------------

Just one related question.
    The question assumes that you believe that God created the human mind.
    Why should you then be concerned that this human mind can design something that exceeds the capabilities of the human mind itself? Do you really have a problem with God designing a human mind with this capability?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.