The spirit (disposition) of a person is the attitude that may...

1. 23,011 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The spirit (disposition) of a person is the attitude that may influence his thinking, but does not do the thinking. See No. 3

As I generally do, let the Bible speak - 1 Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so (Likewise) the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Very clear here regarding the Spirit as it says IN. Indicating something separate.
    Never the less, soul/spirit being eternal etc is not something I would insist on to bogged down on without assessing it properly as I have done on the word subject - layout ALL verses and let them speak.
    The word subject as far a I'm concerned comes under the first milk, first required basics to even get off the ground before one gets bogged down with the integrate details.

Now then, spirit and wind etc - One needs to understand, many things have dual meanings. The example Jesus gives, as in you not know from where or how the wind comes. That IS NOT saying it is like wind, it's an example to show you don't really know from where it come and nether can you see it.
    A bit like God's light subject, the is a literal aspect to it and metaphorical as in, light to your path.

Now if your going to say, the spirit is in effect part of the whole you = then that creates issues for you with regards to how you see God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit, as You appear to separate that from him. How, you can make that work in your mind has me, wondering?

On another subject which I have done a little research on - Have you EVER done any serious research on the subject of - Did Jesus actually exist in the literal context before Mary. OH, yes people will throw the occult card up for even looking, but have you seriously looked?
    We have to consider, what ALL OT prophets and forefathers were told, expected and what actually happened?
    I mean, a seed coming, can that seed be before that which it comes from.
    Jesus grew in wisdom and in favour with God = What?????? was there a time he wasn't???

Yes I know I harp on about the word subject, but seriously, the word IS God. So if as I say I'm correct on the word, one has to seriously look, question the subject of Jesus's literal beginning. The Bible IS clear, Jesus was HID IN God until times were fulfilled etc.
    Think of Isa 55, comes out, comes forth, comes down from and Jesus defines in John when he was SENT into the world.
    If it turns out it was only at Mary - THINK - Effectively there is NO hiccups, a very smooth flowing simplistic story, account.

And if so, how on earth did that get lost????

Just food for thought Mr G and IMO, not something that should be just swepted under the carpet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.