science rules, page-47

1. 1,799 Posts.
    Cortis, whilst not dwelling constantly on these big issues I still find it humbling and inspiring to look out into the infinite, boundless expanse that surrounds our tiny, beautiful planet. It seems that for most of us that infinity is incomprehensible and as I grew up I asked many questions about time, beginnings and endings, and infinity.

My thoughts are of an infinite material universe with three infinite spatial dimensions but i admit to the average joe, the notion of infinity is difficult to accept because it is so far at variance with the "perceived" finite world of everyday life. Even from ancient times infinity as a subject was one to be avoided with the essential view that infinity is a nothing, an incomprehensible that we should avoid referencing. My question is WHY, when with an open mind to find things it offers unparalleled richness?

Most people want an infinite but infinity is a relative process, not an end point nor a product. There can be no such thing as an infinite. Likewise, perfect beginnings and endings implies a problematic disconnect so it's a pity many people don't get our infinite material environment nor want one of these beauties ... preferring to design their own closed system cosmology. (e.g. Stephen Hawking who sells many books about his own absurd cosmological models)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.