although I have no idea of your reasoning for that line of...

1. 80,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    although I have no idea of your reasoning for that line of opinion - I happen to agree.

my belief is that we stopped looking in the right places the day that we decided to allow governments to pick winners

Australia's actual brilliance at out of the box thinking went out with the bathwater that day

the real places for stunning new ideas and concepts have a habit of hiding where you don't expect them to be - and, Oz is full of young bright inquiring minds - who think?????????? gees, what's that - or 'I wonder if?'

it's called general research and it gives you the biggest bang for your buck of all - and, Aussies - both population and politicians can't wear the downside -
    which is that the majority of the bucks you throw into the room with those young minds - just goes up in smoke - it's just the cost of inquiring minds

most often the big leaps lie exactly in what we think are the wrong places - or where you would think 'na, surely that can't be!'

now - to me - Australia has doubled down on it's stupidity and made arts courses impossibly expensive - yet ----------- artists are the very ones who can see what the rest of us mere mortals cannot see -

IMO - it's a beautiful marriage when scientists and engineers walk behind artists and say ----------'wtf is that?' ---------- 'I would have never seen that'

I saw that time and time over at the Academy - and, IMO - it's the reason why Leonardo da Vinci was such a genius - because he had the eye of an artist - but, the brain of an engineer and designer -- all in the one body in the one lifetime

meanwhile - our stunningly successful and visionary Liberal government have cut out everything except what makes jobs - their idea of 'jobs' being people who can dig things up or put band aids on.

precisely the antithesis of what we need for a successful future

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.