WangChung, i’m not sure where you’ve dredged up “forever” from...

1. 9,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    WangChung, i’m not sure where you’ve dredged up “forever” from in your otherwise not unreasonable question. Perhaps you’re omniscient.

we are subject to lockdowns now because the evidence to date is that is the best way to contain and suppress a virulent potentially lethal coronavirus in the absence of community immunity that mostly stems from vaccinations.

i don’t support the minority who refuse to be vaccinated. But its wrong to suggest we have lockdowns in Australia because of this minority group.

the simple fact is that the percentage of the population that is vaccinated is way way short of the numbers believed to confer herd immunity. Way short.

so what other choice does a civilized community like ours have besides lockdown.

our beloved PM, Scotty from marketing, has spoken strongly recently about taking personal responsibility for vaccination.

his job was to get sufficient vaccines imported, but he’s failed miserably in his duty there.

you’ll recall Scotty early this year pushed his way to the front of the queue for vaccine jabs.

After exercising his prerogative there, he seemed to lose interest in what happened to anyone else and as a result Australia is among the worst if not the worst performing developed nation in terms of vaccination rates for its peoples.

WangChung, Australia is stuck with lockdowns now for a while. Mention this to Scotty please when you next cross paths.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.