Ludicross BS Benny. I am a volunteer and we do backburning to...

1. 165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7

Wellihavefamthatarefulltimefirefightersandthatsnotwhattheyaresayingatall...wellapartfromtheweatherofcourseeveryoneagreestheextreemlydryclimateandhotweatheristhemaincause.

backburningsarenowrestrictedtoprofessionalsrathertheneverymanandhisdogliketheolddays..butthisisnotthemainissue...btwunsupervisedbackburnsusedtocauseahellofalotofoutofcontrolfiresanddamageinthepast.

alltheoldhatsiknowsaythemainissuesrightnowarethedrytinderboxconditions,lackofadvancedspottingandresponse,pluscurrentresourcestodealwithsomanyfiresbigfiresatonce..

thegovwaswarnedofthetinderboxconditionsandprojectedweatherinadvancebutsawitwasbestnottospendmoneyinpreparationjustincasethefiresnevereventuated..thatsthecruxofit..

governmentwouldbecrucifiedbyconservativesiftheyuppedpublicspendingtoprepareandtherewasnomajorloss..andarenowbeingcrucifiedbyeveryoneelsefornotdoingso.Butnomajorlossforthemaseverytrueconservativedumbdumbwillsayeverythingisthegreensfaultnomatterwhat.Sotheyprobablyplayeditwellatthepublicslongtermexpense
    Ludicross BS Benny. I am a volunteer and we do backburning to say we cant is ridiculous it is done when there is no option. If something is going to burn anyway it is better to at least try to save it. I doubt you like so many self proclaimed expert commentators even know what backburning is. We are also astounded at the amount of resources and excessive spending . We also think the further away the bueracrats get the better. The problems began 20 years ago with locking up parks and restricting fuel reduction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.