ScoMo gets Good News, page-3

1. 8,503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Labor's own people will be putting on the pressure for on-shore processing.

As much as I have railed against former Labor governments, mainly due to economic mismanagement, not social issues, I keep reminding myself that we are about to get the government we deserve.

Australian voters consistently elected a Senate to prevent our elected governments carrying out their policy platforms.  Then blamed those governments for not getting anything done.  Over time governments have been reduced to wafer thin margins, inviting internal instability.

And here we are with another government weakened by the electorate and subsequently destroyed from within by a small number of wreckers.

The looming Shorten government is owned by us the voters, and the shambles the Liberal party turned itself into when they rolled a popular PM.  "Madness" indeed.

In regard to what Shorten might do, I tend to share the view posted by poyndexter that Shorten will remain close to the centre and do his best to minimise any economic damage.  Clearly, social and environmental progressives will dominate those areas under a Labor government.  Let's see what they do.  For instance, 45% renewables isn't happening by 2030 without government subsidies the size of which have never been seen before.  45% renewables will happen here, maybe by 2040 at best.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.