Scomo, our current and next PM

1. 57,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    As I said, Scomo is a man of the people.

Whilst expecting the typical character assassination by the usual, negative suspects, here is yet another example of his humanity, humility and genuine Aussie character.

Moving house
    Wednesday, 26 September 2018

As some of you may know my family and I live in the Shire in a typical family home. It has a mortgage, it needs a bit of work and no front fence. Neighbours and friends have always been able to just walk up and say hello as we’ve sat on the front verandah. That’s how we like it.
    Our home is where our best family memories are. BBQ’s, birthdays, curry nights with friends and family.
    While our house in Port Hacking has been great for us as a family, sadly we can’t make it work in my new role as PM. For security and convenience, the sensible thing for us to do as a family is to relocate to Kirribilli House, which is set up for the job. This will also be more convenient for our neighbours, who we will miss.
    While our address will change, our home will remain in the Shire. Our involvement in the local community will continue. Our church, the girls‘ sport and school, swimming at Wanda, Shark Park, movies at Miranda, all of this will stay the same.
    It’s has always been an incredible honour to be the member for Cook, and to now serve as your PM is incredibly humbling. I will take the lessons and values of our community into the job.
    Finally, as a family, me and Jen are so very appreciative of all the kind notes, texts, letters, emails, cards and hugs we have received wishing us well. I won’t let you down.
    Cheers

Expecting

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.