PEK 2.63% 18.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Highlights• Strong economics with a base case pre-tax net...

1. 2,418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Highlights
    • Strong economics with a base case pre-tax net present value of US$1.571 billion and an internal rate of
    return of 53%.
    • Low capital cost requirement of US$400 million (excluding contingency) with a payback period within the
    first 3 years of production.
    • Low operating cash costs of US$10.09 per kg Free on Board "FOB" for the first 5 years of production
    with an average cost of $US11.05 per kg over 25 years.
    • Annual average revenues of US$361 million at 10,000 tonne equivalent rare earth oxide production.
    • Scoping study mine plans based solely on the Indicated and Measured portions of the Mineral Resource.
    • Significant opportunity and available resource to upscale production to 40,000 tonnes per annum and
    extend the mine life, as the base case scoping study mine plan exploits less than 10% of the total
    Mineral Resource.
    • The highest grade large scale rare earth deposit in Africa and the fifth largest deposit outside of China.
    • Mineralisation is not radioactive and has the lowest levels of uranium (18ppm) and thorium (43ppm) of
    any major rare earth deposit.
    • Beneficiation and metallurgical process proven in laboratory test work with pilot plant work underway.
    • Relatively simple metallurgical process utilising sulphuric acid leaching with no inherently troublesome
    acid cracking or baking requirements.
    • On target to begin production in Q1 2016.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.