SI6 0.00% 0.3¢ si6 metals limited

I am as unhappy as any holder on SI6 lack of progress, and will...

1. 565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I am as unhappy as any holder on SI6 lack of progress, and will not get involved in accusations over the Volpe management era or start mudslinging the present BOD, except to say I would like to see the current BOD get off their collective penguins' butts and do something useful. At the same time whilst by no means an apologist for Pat Volpe's BOD a blind man can see BML/SI6 achieved some positive results under them; nothing at all has been achieved by today's group.....a blind man can see that.

Recently VonT made a commendable effort to garner support for a push of some sort when the non marketable parcel saga was resorted to by the present board, without any result/effect. I contacted him, as did many others, making my holdings available to help get the percentage needed then, but this current suggested plan of action I would not dignify by giving it support.

The accusation here is questionable at best and those long suffering long term holders (of whom I am one going back many years) who have followed this saga closely and done their homework will know that the study referred to was not withheld by BML but was kept out of the public domain by BCL who requested it be withheld as being "commercial in confidence" . Simple as that. On the basis of this study BCL elected to fund the BFS and move to mining the Maibele deposits with them to hold 70%, BML retaining 30%. Next came the Bots government's ill conceived plan to go to liquidation, by this opening the door to the liquidator turning the whole resulting disaster into a pigs' breakfast, but a feast for a chosen few .Enough said on that. Interesting that the liquidator retired from his management role atr KPMG (the original liquidator) to run the whole show himself.

The quarterly covering the period about June 2016,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 Numerous opportunities to increase the resource along strike to the west (initially at airstrip) and further to the west and to the east where step out drilling has not been incorporated in the pre-feasibility study.  The resource is open at depth to the west and to the east over a potential 16km strike. BML 100% PL 59/2008 to form part of the BCL JV:  BCL has exercised rights over BML’s 100% PL 59/2008 extending strike to the east over a potential 16km (subject to terms and conditions of the Farm-in joint venture agreement). Drilling to commence at Takane PL 54/98:  BCL to commence drilling at Takane over a new horizon to the east of the Maibele resource.  Target for Ni + Cu + Co + PGEs: o Any discovery will declare that region a new mineralised zone. o Over 23 VTEM anomalies with three tested with SQUID EM technology. o Three selected targets to drill down to 400m to test soil-VTEM and squid anomalies for Nickel. o Every SQUID conductor so far drilled at the nearby Maibele North deposit has hit sulphide mineralisation. Li –Ta BML restructures focus to include Lithium and Tantalum:  At least three zones identified from previous BML exploration that have surface Ta of up to 1,540 ppb.  Potential for Li will be explored along with the Ta in the pegmatites.  Ground exploration for Ta - Li commenced with soil sampling during the quarter in progress.  BML recognises potential for pegmatite-hosted tantalum and Lithium in Botswana licences. Cash Position: The cash balance as at 30 June 2016 was ~$487,000. An Appendix 5B report is attached. Corporate: During the quarter the company successfully placed the shortfall of the recent rights and received funds totalling ~$436,000 (before costs). ABN 96 122 995 073 Botswana Metals Limited Suite 3, 16 Cotham Road, Kew, Victoria 3101 P: +61 3 9855 1885; F: +61 3 9855 2885 Email [email protected] www.botswanametals.com.au Exploration Activities for the June 2016 quarter: BML-BCL JOINT VENTURE PL 110/94 - Maibele North During the June quarter, the JV partners announced that BCL has elected to proceed to a Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS) with the view of applying for a mining licence to mine Maibele North. The decision was subsequent to a JV meeting during June to review the results of a Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) recently completed by WorleyParsons. The PFS analysed an initial open pit operation with a view to continue further exploration and drilling to evaluate the potential for underground mining. The JV aim is to complete the BFS and lodge a mining licence and EIA study by early 2017. The PFS report is commercial-in-confidence at this stage at BCL’s request, in accordance with the farm-in joint venture agreement. BCL has also advised BML that it has surpassed the JV requirement to fund $4M of exploration and has elected to continue with the JV. BCL will formally notify BML of its intentions of funding a BFS to earn a 70% interest in three prospecting licences (PL 110/94, PL 111/94 and PL 54/98), which are the assets of the JV. BCL has now earned an initial 40% interest in the three PLs and by electing to fund the BFS will take management rights over the project development and earn 70% interest in the PLs after completing the BFS. The BFS will determine the optimum route to mining where the pre-feasibility study showed that an initial open pit at Maibele North would be the quickest and most cost effective route when compared to other options. The BFS will also evaluate in more detail the viability of underground mining. Subject to a favourable result from the BFS it is expected that mining could commence as early as 2017. ABN 96 122 995 073 Botswana Metals Limited Suite 3, 16 Cotham Road, Kew, Victoria 3101 P: +61 3 9855 1885; F: +61 3 9855 2885 Email [email protected] www.botswanametals.com.au Figure 1: Aerial view of BML’s tenements in Eastern Botswana showing the proposed Maibele North Open Pit and the priority regional prospects. Joint Venture Licence Renewals During June, the Botswana Government, through the Department of Mines, granted an extension to three of BML’s exploration licences for a period of two years effective from 1 April 2016. The granting of the extensions to JV licences PL 110/94, PL 111/94 and PL 54/98 allows for the seamless continuation of the very successful Joint Venture with BCL to proceed unimpeded as it progresses with the BFS, further exploration and evaluation and eventually a Mining Licence application.

Make up your own minds. The bold highlight is mine.

Best regards to all,,,,,,,,,,hopefully we can concentrate on getting the BOD off their butts to make concrete follow up progress on Maibele, Airport and Dibete instead of trawling around for scraps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SI6 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.922M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $5.765K 2.204M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
45 69703044 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 16643790 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.03pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SI6 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.