I'd be interested to know your reasoning behind your numbers,...

1. 2,354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I'd be interested to know your reasoning behind your numbers, OC, even in broad strokes. For sure the Government could technically have moved earlier on isolation measures, etc, but how do you figure it would have cost us less? Are you familiar with the nature of the pandemic, at least how it is manifesting itself in this country?

Had the Government shut down the economy earlier, how would it have modified the vast and ongoing stimulus drive they are executing? Is that what you are suggesting with this post? Feel free to incorporate both economic and health parameters in your response as I'm very interested in why you think this strongly enough to suggest it.

Interesting thread anyhow. I don't think they can increase the GST at this point, it serves no purpose in an environment starved of:

1) confidence
    2) disposable income
    3) paid workers.

If you want to watch a deep recession turn into a deep depression, just double the tax on goods and services.

Death duties I think is only ever going to be a pipedream of the hard Left. There is no way the Government could fill their dinner tables at their first post-Covid fundraiser if they went after inheritances so that's a 0% chance.

I think they when they bring down the budget in October, or.....whenever they start to look to right the budget ship, they will tack a pre-tax levy onto everybody. Flat rate top to bottom pre-tax is the only thing that will be politically palatable.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.