Scotty leaving?, page-53

1. 22,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1420
    "I ended up being under-insured. If just my house burned down, I would have had enough cover. "

No offence, but this still isn't the taxpayers problem or responsibility. We are all responsible for looking after our own property, if someone chooses to live on a flood plain where they can't get insurance, that is their choice, if someone finds themselves under insured that is due to their miscalculations. If my house burns down and I"m underinsured, the taxpayer won't come to my aid, why should someone living in a bushfire prone area be any different?

"With respect to accommodation, from what I understand, there's a lack of available accommodation in the area. The same thing happened here on the South Coast. So even if they have insurance, it doesn't mean they can find accommodation"

So how does the govt change that? If you are properly insured, your insurance company will pay for alternative accommodation, whether it's possible for that to be in your local area or somewhere else isn't the issue, if there is no accommodation in your area then it doesn't matter who is footing the bill, there isn't accommodation in your area and you'll have to accept living somewhere else for a time. Same with the car issue you raised, what do you expect the govt to do?

It amazes me how so many adults expect the govt to hold their hand through life and take no personal responsibility for their own lives, it's very sad tbh

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.