SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

sdl close to being in asx100

1. 2,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hey Guys

With this latest uplift in SDL's share price, I have done a bit of research.

IOF is one of the lowest Market Cap ASX100 shares at $1.5B with 2.7B shares outstanding.

SDL's current share price of 62c with 2.7B shares outstanding gives it a market cap of $1.6Billion.

Q1. Does S&P rerate stocks for their Indexes every 3 months?

Q2. If Yes, which months do they use for their Index Reweightings?

Reason why I ask is that I have just found out that Index Funds and Super FUnds in a lot of cases must invest into companies that enter the Fabled ASX100 (some are more stringent at ASX50 or ASX25), but a lot are in the Top100!

And they have to sell out of the shares that fall out of the ASX100!

We could see a significant increase in share price because of these funds having to reweight their stock ownership to include Sundance Resources, if SDL can hold the $1.6Billion Market Cap over the next 3 to 6 months!

If a FUnd with $500m or $1B has to invest in all ASX100 companies based on their weighting in the ASX100 and SDL represents event a minute 1% of the ASX100, then they would have to pump $5m or $10m into SDL directly!

This is how small miners all of a sudden get a massive lift like FMG did when they reached this critical ASX100 level, ABY also did it while they were there!

If you fellow SDL owners could help answer those questions for all of us long term holders we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks Nectar

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.