GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

sea bed mining, page-53

1. 325 Posts.
    Clydebigdog

Are you seriously sugesting that if a resource the size that some have speculated here is discovered, and the tonnage speculated that would be mined could be undertaken in area the size of the MCG? How on earth would GOT make any money? The infrastructure required to mine an area the size of the MCG wouldn't remotely be covered in terms of cost to make it worth the effort. It would require mining a succession of areas, hundreds of areas, perhaps thousands, the size of the MCG...which I would imagine is the real message from GOT. Why don't they just say so.

(That's what bugs me about this company. In my opinion they are reluctant to 'fess up, to SH's, to lots of realities. That's all I want, stop the bloody rhetoric...lodge applications for mapping with the EPBC, admit that there are critical environmental and cultural issues involved, confront them head on and stop having some concerned SH's and TO's hanging in limbo. It's scary and tedious for both parties...everybody is as jittery as buggery...and at a personal level that includes you and me.)

Tomorrow I'll post some aeriel photographs of the open cut mining by Gemco on Groote...they'll only cover a fragment of their operations. If it wasn't dark I'd walk right now to Gemco's "G" quarry, the site of their original pits, but five minutes foot falcon from where I sit, and then take another hour or two to walk G Quarries exremities and take some photographs of the environmental scaring that remains forty years on.

To navigate, by car,well four wheeler, the extent of Gemco's operations here would take hours...I've done it, actually, the whole bloody lot and it does take hours.

Mining companies have a propensity to mine all the resource that is identified, wouldn't you agree?...and there's obvious seams of mn here on the inter tidal zone leading into the sea...you're telling me that if those seems continue into the seascape then they wouldn't be mined?

I don't buy that MCG size guff at all, and, in my opinion, anybody who does is at best extremely gullible.

And how on earth an area the size of onely one MCG would be rehabilitated is way beyond me...the mining process won't be vaccuuming pre processed "fines" from the ocean floor...it'll require removing overbuden and blasting the resource so that it can dredged.

Destruction of all the Song Lines is not needed to decimate the GE's Ceremonial Life. The disappearance of one song line, or indeed its serious dislocation would amount, in my opinion, to cultural genocide- the inability of a whole family, in this family based culture, to be reborn, from their perspective. But what account is that. Mining is God isn't it no matter what the consequences...for some at least.

I'd imagine at some stage this whole cultural genocide concept will be tested via legal process. That'd be high profile, very expensive and very interesting.

Anyhow thanks for the post Clydebigdog, in my opinion it was a ripper, and it really does spark, once again, discussion at the nub of the issue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.