SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

I've seen companies get smashed by shorters after hitting the...

1. 5,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2140
    I've seen companies get smashed by shorters after hitting the ASX200 too, but I've also seen some power ahead. I think the shorters would be pretty brave to target SEA at the moment, all things considered. The fundamentals are so strong, the technicals aren't bad and sentiment (for whatever it's worth) is pretty good. Additionally, speaking of AUT, their takeover adds an appreciation of value for what we have in terms of a takeover target, which presumably puts a strong floor under us, stronger than the ceiling I would think. So, it would seem strange for the shorters to see us as a likely target and play their nasty games.

It's a crazy world and anything could happen, but I'm more optimistic than scared.

Some might speculate that sometimes company directors have a vested interest in assisting the price to fall in order to help their shorting buddies - illegal as that is, such things do happen, but I really don't think we have that sort of character at the helm with SEA. Some may also speculate that the institutions take part in various types of manipulation to keep the share price low while they're having to accumulate, and fortunately there are lots of people who just bought a heap of shares at 95c, some of whom will be happy to sell out without the price needing to get too much higher, meaning those games can be saved for targets which require it more.

Very happy to hear from the bears if they have reasons for being bearish.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.