LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

SEA rejects the start of the citizen consultation process ... in the Maricunga salt flatelco project, page-4

1. 4,292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    "According to an exempt resolution issued by the Environmental Assessment Service (SEA) of the Atacama Region on April 13, the entity decided to reject the request for citizen participation in the initiative's Environmental Impact Statement (DIA).

Codelco got the exemptions not to engage public participations but I think a group of people decide to challenge the decision of the SEA however this group failed to meet certain critieria to challenge the SEA decision hence it got rejected.
    Similar environmental activists that block the coal and uranium industry in australia. not ideal but it happens everywhere, canada activists block some gold mines expansaion etc.
    based on th article, i think MSB is helping Codelco to get through this phase to they can expand their drilling compaign.
    so my prediction is kind of right..the JV is delayed due to this isssue. MSB want to ensure Codelco has decent resource so the JV ratio can be wotked out properly.
    Good article, SQM and ALB managed to get their approvals for major expansions and the Atacama region facing more water crisis. I dont think this is a big problem.
    Chile is in desperation for foreign investments for the country to get back to normal..The current government will fast track major projects to creat jobs.
    Look at australia, the council fast track high rise department approval process to 10 days where it would takes months.
    These stupid activists probably encouraged by rival political personel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.