my 2.5cI believe in the nuclear option as being a viable and (to...

1. 801 Posts.
    my 2.5c

I believe in the nuclear option as being a viable and (to the exculsion of these type of incidents) safe option.

so how do you exclude these type of incidents, that's the point right, well its up to regulation as far as I can see.

exporters of uranium and on a different topic coal, should get together and form effectively a cartel if you will. Not for price fixing as such, but to some degree.

I would love to see Australia become the biggest "depleted uranium dumping site" in the world. ie: we have areas of remote location that are remote from the general populace and they are geographically somewhat ideal.

A cartel (an opec of uranium) could agree on not only who could import uranium, but consequences for not complying with its guidelines on use, delivery, storage, disposal.

ie: no you cant use it to refine into weapons grade.
    we sent you this much, where is the rest.
    you can have it but your site is too dangerous, choose another
    when were you last inspected
    you should be returning X amount of depleted to us.
    etc...

its all well and good to say that wave energy, wind energy, solar engery is cleaner, what about the footprint it has on the environment... they are all masive developments that will need to meet our energy needs.

its all well and good to say coal is cheap and abundant and we have been doing it for 100 years, what about beijing having to shut off everything for 2 weeks prior to the olympics so they didnt look like environmental vandals.

Uranium has its place, but currently like everything else there is only regulation on the supplier, little if anything on the user.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.