seafood salads for summer lunches

1. 17,117 Posts.
    I was buying the seafood salad at the deli in snakeway quite regularly, then on cup day by noon, they had run out...no worries picked some up at moles
    I buy a dish around 200 gr that does 2 lunches
    anyway snakeway have not had it since Tuesday, and its about 3 more sets of lights to get to moles...

(am getting a bit obsessed with ducking the traffic lights these days, it is a new affliction)

snakeway have a new freezer compartment near their deli, with frozen crab meat on special @ $16 kg, and prawns for around $25 kg
    thinking I was a bit desperate, I was considering buying them and making my own seafood salad....

luckily I did not buy them there, but in Aldi the crab meat was $5.00 kg, and cooked prawns $10....a huge difference in prices
    figured I would simply make my own salad...but the sauce is in an experimental stage...I really love the sauce in the bought version
    made my own salad yesterday, crab, prawns, celery, with my home made mayo...its nice...but not quite the same of course

the store version taste like a very mild mayo....whereas my home made mayo is a bit hotter...hmmm
    I will work on fine tuning it...
    in the meantime, the seafood salad is also delicious in a sandwich...no crusts of course
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.