KLS 1.73% $5.11 kelsian group limited

I also don't like the alleged by media huge links to the...

1. 10,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    I also don't like the alleged by media huge links to the Australian Labor Party, which if not careful can bite such companies on the posterior: already (ironically) one Federal Labor MP has criticised KLS:

"A company run by the husband of Labor senator Marielle Smith is being pressured to pay back the tens of millions of dollars it pocketed in JobKeeper payments, after it posted a profit of more than $37m.

Senator Smith’s husband, Clint Feuerherdt, is the CEO of transport and tourism operator SeaLink, which banked more than $20m in JobKeeper subsidies. The company reported a $37.8m profit last financial year, a turnaround from its $13.6m loss in 2019-20.

SeaLink’s revenues broke through the $1bn mark for the first time, thanks to the government and blue-chip contracts that make up nearly 90 per cent of its receipts.

A Labor MP told The Australian they were shocked by the amount, and were concerned that Senator Smith had not disclosed it to her colleagues or publicly. Another added that Labor would be “screaming the place down” if the money had gone to a Liberal politician’s partner.

Mr Feuerherdt first attracted the ire of Labor assistant Treasury spokesman Andrew Leigh when he received a $500,000 bonus in 2019-20 – the same year the company received $8.6m in JobKeeper subsidies. SeaLink also received $11.9m from JobKeeper in 2020-21 and took support from similar schemes in London and Singapore.

“Remuneration decisions are made by company boards, not the executives themselves,” Mr Leigh said last year. “I stand by my view that no company which is getting JobKeeper should be paying their CEO a bonus..."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.11
Change
-0.090(1.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.378B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.09 $5.16 $5.06 $1.893M 370.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5704 $5.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.13 1875 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.