MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

sean odwyer has his say! check it out!

1. 190 Posts.
    I am writing this post as the son of the Inventor/Founder of Metal Storm Ltd and inventor of its second incarnation, internal sealing.

This is my first public discussion on the subject. Please be certain that nothing contained within this post is investment advice, it is merely my personal opinion.

I have grown up all my life with Metal Storm and have no doubt, I have spent a LOT of time thinking about the technology and its applications.

I have an issue with Metal Storms current valuation (approx $14M).

Metal Storm was once worth around 1 Billion dollars and the reasons for this have not changed. The applications of MST are vast, so vast in fact that they include applications which could have a drastic effect on the global balance of power. Why then is something that could be used to maintain or potentially become the dominant nuclear superpower in the world NOT worth more than $14M?

I am going to be writing a series of posts in this and other forums, in order to remind the world of the applications of MST - particularly in relation to the nuclear balance of power.

Before I start, I need to inform you that I will be forwarding any ideas relating to MSTs possible applications that are not already public domain to the Company before posting them here. This is to give MST a chance to patent them if they so desire. So, my first brief nudge:

MST is the only current viable kinetic-energy technology (to my knowledge) that can be used to arm space (current guns dont work in space) E.g. put weapons on satellites in space to, for example, kill other satellites or intercept missiles. In 2003, as an employee of MST, I worked with the former head of the Strategic Defense Initiative (Star Wars), one of (if not the largest) budgeted US military programs in history, in order to develop Frilled Neck Lizard Missile Intercept Technology that went through all 3 phases of the US DoD SBIR program - $US75K, $US750K and commercialization phase. It is my understanding that at this time the technology was classified; I say it is my understanding because I just dont know what happened to it the US DoD spent approximately $US825K on it and then we never heard about it again. The now GRANTED patent is called Target Interception the following is a link to it. http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=Jcf...et+interception.

I believe MST is currently the most viable kinetic-energy technology for use in arming small UAVs (by a large margin) due to its unparalleled firepower-to-weight ratio. I have a perfectly capable indoor helicopter in my office that I bought for $30. Anyone seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyYujjP5J-k.

This series of posts will include detailed descriptions of how the above and other applications of MST technology work and how they could be used to significantly alter the nuclear balance of power, including topics such as:

Missile interception technology.

Satellites and space.

Nuclear submarines.

UAVs (particularly small helicopters).

Other!

If the ability to arm and therefore control space, as well as to create the PlayStation-generation of war-fighting machines is not worth AUD$14M, then I would suggest that either things are not as they seem or someone isnt doing their job properly.

In closing: Julia Gillard, I would humbly ask you to consider that:

1. MST is an Australian owned technology and both the Australian company and the Australian inventor have rights under Australian and US law to be compensated for any use of our technology that we are unaware of, and;

We should be compensated; or,

2. If this is not occurring then I would humbly ask you to reconsider Australias position in supporting its own companies and military technology. Taking into account the nuclear balance of power, $14M is not a lot of money (I wont do you the dishonor of comparing it to certain areas of Cabinet expenditure).

MORE to follow...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.