For anyone interested in IPO's and wanting to know what is...

1. 7,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 448
    For anyone interested in IPO's and wanting to know what is officially set to hit the boards, then I suggest you use ASIC's website. Be advised it is often down on weekends for maintenance (I search every coupleof days)
    https://regulatoryportal.asic.gov.au/offer-notice-board

You will notice a whole lot of lodgements by businesses. What you are genrally looking for is anything that is unquoted as per what I have highlighted:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2669/2669577-64b7f86333acc8555d70dd6d6582741a.jpg

Click on teh Doc No of the one you are interested in (circled in red). On the next page look for the field I have highlighted below
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2669/2669581-6b136bca2f8b892bee1d8a90e56d6c51.jpg

This will generally provide you with the link where you can obtain the Prospectus from. Be advised that the link may be deactivated at some stage by the host or the prospectus may not be available at that time (but should be at some stage).

This purely tells you what has been lodged, but if you want to know what may be coming up, then nothing beats reading up and liaising with other investors. Best sources:
    • ASIC as stated above
    • Read the AFR (street Talk)
    • Follow people who look at IPO's on twitter and provide reasonable commentary @bhavdip143 is one to follow for sure (same handle on twotter) and take note of quality commentary. @Katavi by far one of the best. If he says something has some meat on it.. then it usually does! IPOWatch.com.au is another (also on twitter)
    • Refer to this IPO forum on HC
    • ASX website and other IPO Specific websites
    • Ask your broker what is coming up
    If you want to be taken seriously on HC, then:
    - do not be an idiot
    - provide input rather than always ask for it (I am seeing so many sort comments on threads with what do people think.. why not kick off the chat with what you think and show that you have done some research.
    - do not ask basic questions which by doing 1 minutes worth f research you could find out yourself by googling or looking at the prospectus (eg. what is the IPO price, what is the level of escrow)
    - treat others with respect, and if you have a vested interest then I suggest you state it (You will see in many of my comments on HC IPo thread I state if I already have something at stake (eg. in pre-ipo, or have an allocation).

I have no issues with people on HC tagging me in any forum asking me a question of for my opinion, but I will often vet them first by seeing how they post on HC and how they treat others and what information they have provided. The amount of friendships and acquaintances I have formed over the past 5 or so years since being on here is phenominal. So be respectful and the fruits will surely follow!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.