Na. Dry as here. While I got 10 inches in Nov, it was an...

1. 498 Posts.
    Na. Dry as here. While I got 10 inches in Nov, it was an isolated area, most got 3 or 4. Then a bit of rain over Dec. Nothing in January which is supposed to be out wettest month and nothing on the horizon.

The feed situation is dire with hotter than average temps. Cropping wise, summer crops in the southern parts are hanging in there. My sorghum will probably only go 3 or 4 tonnes/H with no more rain, but with 4 inches tomorrow it could still go 7. In the northern areas theres not much of anything as most didn't get the Nov rain so most didn't even plant.

My dryland cotton looks great though. Some experts whove looked at it reckon it could go 5 bales to the hectare, and it's been a bad year really with 45 of it's first 60 days being cold shock days [that's a minimum less than 12 degrees which makes it stop growing] then ever since hot as buggery and no rain. It's certainly a tough droughty plant and suits our soil type. Looking like it might be a goer on my farm. 5 bales at $500 plus in a crook year is looking good.

Overall it will be the smallest grain year in northern NSW and southern QLD since I can ever remember, however there is still a chance of a big crop in central QLD I hear.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.