BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

seasonal influenza laughs at tamiflu

1. 757 Posts.
    Question: What is more useless than Tamiflu?

Answer: BTA management.

What we are seeing over the last few weeks is the dawning realisation that you can ignore the science but that won't make it go away. For years,(and years and years) we have known Tamiflu was predictably flawed, but Roche did their job, and notably GSK and BTA management did not do theirs, so we have a world with stockpiles of a drug which doesn't work in South Africa against the flu, doesn't work in Australia against the flu, and the list is just going to get longer.

"Tests on 788 samples taken from H1N1 flu patients in 12 countries, mostly in the southern hemisphere, from April 1 to Aug. 20 found that 242, or 31 percent, had the so-called H274Y mutation associated with Tamiflu resistance, the WHO said."

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601116&sid=aYJ463xrY_Oo&refer=africa

I post as miso and chilli_sauce on forums discussing bird flu, and comment on articles in online newspapers. I've seen posts by cpg and Dr Dank. For the last few years that's been it. No-one else has regularly appeared with an informed knowledge to argue against the constant lies and miss-information spread by Roche and GSK.

WHY NOT?!!!!

I know I'm not an employee of BTA, and I doubt that cpg and Dank are; so what kind of useless do you call BTA management when they're sitting in their offices , sucking the life blood out of our investment, but they can't be bothered doing the one thing that they should feel compelled to do. Assuming they even know something about Relenza, as informed individuals, not as employees of BTA, they are the ones who should be argueing against the lies, pointing out the false assumptions, and defending Relenza with the scientific evidence.

Instead NOTHING.

Not a worry for them; there's enough money coming in to look after them; and when they realised the legal acting put that at jeopardy (a slim chance we might loose) they folded at whatever the cost to the shareholder, because the most important thing is their salary and perks, and that BTA earn just enough to keep that coming.

No-one in the investment community trusts BTA management. That's why despite all the bad news for Tamiflu, the price is still sinking.
    A small investment hasn't returned a dividend for twenty years and management see no problem with the status quo.
    Anyone buying is accumulating, and is doing so to assist a takeover, or to get a position among the fat cat management.
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that Relenza still has a huge earning potential but does GSK have any to sell? Is anyone employed to actually say positive factual things about Relenza to the medical and scientific communities? Has anything changed?

Other than a mass board resignation, there won't be an announcement from BTA that will see the price trend change.
    And that is, amazingly, because Relenza is the only antiviral worth stockpiling.

THAT'S HOW BAD MANAGEMENT ARE!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

To para-phrase cpg

Warning: don't take the advice of nuts. This post is not based on facts (alone).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.