UML 0.00% 3.3¢ unity mining limited

second half forecast, page-11

1. afd
    2,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    Hi Oz

I agree with your premis that the 'true' cost per ounze could well be higher than the cited cash cost.

That said, your calcualtions have a (for example) a couple of significant flaws which means that your calculated cost per ounce is overstated (and perhaps by a large chunk).

For example, you assume that the company has sold all the monthly production. In the last two quarters, the comapny has been building its gold reserves (last quarter - produced 12061, only sold 7054. 2nd last quarter - produced 11478, only sold 10596).

Another example, the company has been engaged in a significant push re mine development and and exploration and over the last couple of years has increased its resources / reserves. Admittedly, these plateaud in the lst 6 monthly update but the recent raleases strongly imply that at the next update, there will be a significant increase in resources/reserves. When the company purchased the Henty, it had a life of @6months. Its now got a life of @5 years.

So if your taking a holistic approach to the 'cost per ounce', the above two items alone could 'knock off' north of $300 from your calculations.

I agree with you that these matters are not straight forward. Good stuff to discuss though.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.