RHC 0.47% $51.22 ramsay health care limited

You are joking.. arent you? Did you know over 50% of the doctors...

1. 434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    You are joking.. arent you? Did you know over 50% of the doctors in Australia are overseas born and more than half of them are overseas trained.. they had no formal training in Australia other than passing an exam... I know at least a few from Malaysia, Indonesia and India who have taken that path.

You are just talking without any substantiated data.. Some of those countries with medical tourism have better facilities and doctors compared to Australia..

Perhpas it is time you changed your perception and opened your eyes.... to make it easier, here you go as an example -

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/how-one-country-could-help-aussie-healthcare-crisis/news-story/27c106ecfcf8f416bda866c0a7223692

Policy expert Dr Erin Watson-Lynn suggests adopting greater skills recognition for Indian healthcare workers could help ease Australia’s medical crisis.

“The amount of time you have to spend in a clinical setting in Australia to become qualified – (there are) all these mismatches in being able to actually do it,” said Dr Watson-Lynn, who holds a PhD on Australia-India relations.

“Part of the problem is India has the capability to train excellent healthcare workers. To fill that gap, we should have better skills recognition for nurses and other healthcare workers from India.

“A lot of people in Australia have a very negative perception of healthcare in India and other developing world countries after Covid, however they produce many skilled doctors and nurses.

I’ve walked through those hospitals in India and they are incredible – there are parts of me that would rather be treated there.

“The public system works where you often have to know someone to get into the hospital.

“(But) there’s the whole private system which is extraordinary, and the quality and standards are very high.”

India’s centralised system and large population means healthcare workers are exposed to huge numbers of very sick patients, Dr Watson-Lynn says, giving them strong training opportunities.

They get very good training and are probably exposed to a lot more advanced illness than medical students and junior doctors in Australia,” she added.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$51.22
Change
0.240(0.47%)
Mkt cap ! $11.76B
Open High Low Value Volume
$51.13 $51.52 $50.90 $16.70M 325.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1106 $51.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$51.22 2064 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$51.09
  Change
0.240 ( 0.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$51.15 $51.52 $50.92 45187
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
RHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.