TAA tantalum australia nl

T A N T A L U MA U S T R A L I A N L117 May 2004The...

1. 9,241 Posts.
    T A N T A L U M
    A U S T R A L I A N L
    17 May 2004
    The Announcements Office
    Australian Stock Exchange Limited
    Level 3, 20 Bridge Street
    SYDNEY NSW 2000
    By ASX Online Transmission
    Dear Sir
    Please find attached ASX/Media release regarding African tantalum supply.
    Yours faithfully
    Peter Farrah
    Company Secretary
    13 Mumford Place, Balcatta, WA, 6021 ph: +61 8 6241 1888 fax: +61 8 6241 1811
    ACN 009 127 020 ABN 58 009 127 020
    T A N T A L U M
    A U S T R A L I A N L
    17 May 2004
    ASX ANNOUNCEMENT/MEDIA RELEASE
    TANTALUM AUSTRALIA (“TAA”) SECURES AFRICAN
    CONCENTRATE SUPPLY
    TAA has signed an exclusive long term contract with an African mining and marketing
    company to take delivery of a minimum 330,000 lbs Ta2O5 per annum. This material will be
    upgraded at TAA’s mineral dressing plant at Balcatta and delivered into existing customer
    contracts .
    The first shipment is now being prepared under the supervision of TAA’s African Operations
    Manager and SGS, an internationally recognised independent assay company. Shipment of
    the first container of material is expected to commence in two weeks.
    The securing of a long term source of material from Africa is the culmination of a two year
    due diligence process that TAA has undertaken as part of its strategic plan to build a
    coordinated African supply chain for Ta2O5.
    The African raw material compliments TAA’s existing Australian resource base and
    accelerates TAA’s plan to become the world’s second largest tantalite procurement and
    supply company.
    Historically the tantalite and columbite supply chain in Africa has been fragmented and
    uncoordinated. TAA is coordinating supply of material from Africa, for the benefit of TAA,
    its customers and the local African partners and suppliers. Africa represents approximately
    20% of global tantalum supply.
    Industry forecasts for electronics demand in 2004/5 are for sustained growth. Consumer
    electronics demand is strong with laptops, mobile phones and digital cameras all growing
    steadily from the later half of 2003 and forecast to continue through 2004/5. Corporate
    spending on IT strengthened in the first quarter of 2004 and is expected to fuel demand for
    PC’s.
    For further information contact:
    Michael Fotios Imants Kins
    Managing Director Manager Business Development
    (08) 6241 1888

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.