NXS 5.00% 21.0¢ next science limited

security lending on nxs, page-3

1. 9,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    It is a report of total NXS stock borrowed and outstanding. Most stock borrowed is sold in the market i.e. short sold. It is similar to the short selling report published by the ASX at http://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt. However it is more potent in that it identifies outstanding borrowings whereas the ASX report only shows total short sales. The ASX report suffers from the disadvantage that stocks shorted on could be covered on the same day so the shorter has no outstanding liability at the end of the day. Knowledge of current short positions is more useful, because if positive news about the company is released, it will send the shorters still holding short positions scurrying to cover their short positions. This will jolt the share price upwards in what is commonly referred to as a short squeeze (if you are looking for a definition of a short squeeze, see the share price of Barclays in the UK from January last year Barclays price chart).

If I may ask, where does this report come from? Is it freely available on the net or does it require payment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 19.0¢ $31.60K 161.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7800 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 4944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.52pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.