WOW 0.27% $33.00 woolworths group limited

see you at $15

1. 338 Posts.
    WOW is showing classic signs of distribution. Its just a classic chart for students of volume analysis. Let's not get ahead of ourselves but I just can't see how it will hold these levels.
    For T/Aers, I still think WOW is putting in a very complex right shoulder. However, appreciate that it breached the neckline to the upside and then moved sideways from there. I haven't drawn this pattern in as I have reservations about its validity.
    Either way the target from a breakdown of a symmetrical triangle is about the same at $15.

For those who dont follow charts lets look at the important or ultra volume weeks on a weekly chart.
    At (1) we see two weeks of huge volume flow into WOW, and this was impetus enough to create a 4 year bull run.
    Im mid 05 we see the absorption of suppply so the trend can continue.

At (2) we once again see a huge week of volume, the largerst amount since May 05. But this time the share price doesnt move. In fact, what has historically been enough volume to create a major bull run, now stalls and even sends the share price plummeting. We know we've hit a top and the diverging volumes for the last half year was telling us that distribution was taking place. The smart money was out. The weak hands were now holding.

Feb/March 08 saw volumes rise but the SP only drifted sideways, before compltely collapsing at (3). We know if there was accumulation here then we would see the Share price drift up as supply was removed. (3) actually looks like panic selling or dumping, but it was met with some stopping volume the next wek at (4). There was no follow through in volume as the SP rose throughout July/August so we know know one wanted WOW. In fact the only time we see olumes picj up is so more stock can be sold off (see ellipses).

At (5) we see more distribution. These huge volumes have been enough to create bull runs historically. Now all it does is send the share price sideways. Further warning is now coming as three weeks of higher volume sends the SP reeling. I really dont think theres anyone here to save it. Smart money was moving out in late 07, with final distribution in Dec 08.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.00
Change
-0.090(0.27%)
Mkt cap ! $40.31B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.03 $33.18 $32.93 $83.85M 2.538M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 770 $33.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.06 7889 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.