seeking advice, page-11

1. 9,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Good on yah BWarren .

Make sure u understand the zoning of the area and whether any covenants exist plus pay particular attention to the DD levels . Where I live DD03 is extremely difficult as it has height restrictions ,materials to be used , set backs , inhibiting others views , tree removal etc etc . Speak to your council if u don't understand the zoning and tell them what u plan to do before placing any money down . Note some covenants could even exist on rock removal and the size of the house u must build , min or max .

Worth considering the bush fire regulations if u plan to build on stilts and the level of BAL requirements u may need to meet . Especially if it is in a regional area or close to bush areas . I know of one street where I tried to buy a block recently that was considered in the bush fire zone at both ends of the street but not in the middle where the block was .
    DON'T BELIEVE everything the agent tells u if your serious about the block . U MUST do your own due diligence on the contract and the zoning levels as per above examples .

If your serious and want a few of the experienced members /agents /developers /builders on this forum to comment etc then post up the section 32's [just remove the address if your not comfortable disclosing location ] and hopefully a few will comment . Then get solicitors advice .

cheers g
    ps; I'm not qualified to comment .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.