SHV 0.28% $3.53 select harvests limited

I don't know if anyone has been keeping an eye on the volume,...

1. 1,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1569
    I don't know if anyone has been keeping an eye on the volume, but it would seem that there is this pattern whereby the buy orders keep bouncing back after each sell off, and I have suspicion that international investors may be behind much of this interest.

A couple of weeks back, Select Harvests was featured on a Seeking Alpha article, authored by an American, or so it would seem.

This is not the first time that a Seeking Alpha article featured Select: Long term holders might remember there was another Seeking Article article focused on this company at the end of 2014.

I don't know how much of this is coincidence, but after that 2014 article, there was a strong run in the Select share price, with the share price doubling within seven months of the publication of the article.

The image below depicts the Select Harvest share price, with the red circle highlighting the point at which the Seeking Alpha article was published.

Apparently Seeking Alpha has 3 million registered viewers and over 8 million viewers monthly. To put that in perspective, less than 7 million Australians invest in securities, according to the latest ASX investor survey. So it is not hard to imagine that the Seeking Alpha article might have played a part in the strong run in the SHV share price we saw back in 2015.

This is one reason why it may be a mistake to be getting too negative about Select Harvests at the moment: It does seem that this company is increasingly on the radar of international investors.

I also suspect that international buyers may have a better appreciation of the strategic importance of the assets of Select, particularly those living in California, or investors based in Asian countries. For this reason, my feeling is that it may not be too surprising if the share price made it back above $5 level by the end of June.
    Last edited by Inchiquin: 31/05/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.