SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Hi nbbirch,I appreciate your comparison of NDO Vs SSN ( I assume...

1. 174 Posts.
    Hi nbbirch,

I appreciate your comparison of NDO Vs SSN ( I assume you are referring to NDO as you have only posted on that forum other than Samson) but that is like comparing apples and oranges. Why you may ask? For the following reasons:

1. Samson is an onshore oil producer whereas NDO is offshore. The cost difference to drill and extract oil from onshore Vs offshore is quite considerable.

2. Samson has physical tenements worth probably one third ( please dont quote this figure as this is just a very rough figure ) of its market cap whereas NDO has no physical assets of that nature

3. Samson's success rate is outstanding to say the least whereas I had money in NDO in its last little drilling campaign. I'm having to bite my tongue to resist the temptation to say some very deragatory comments about how that was managed but I will say that I was happy to sell out my shares in NDO and left very early with only a small loss

4. Samsons tenements have oil that can be extracted in commercial quantities...no ifs, no buts. Whereas NDO currently has a question mark over whether the area its drilling has any commercial quantities of oil that can be extracted.

5. Samson has current income from several producing wells already and will have a constant cash stream guaranteed from the Chesapeak royalty. Im not sure of NDO's cash position but without a commercial strike soon I do beleive they will need to either increase current debt facilities or do further capital raisings.

My aim here is not to put NDO down here as i believe with it's farm in venture with Shell it has considerably raised it's prospects of becoming an oil producer Im just trying to point out the fact that basically trying to compare ANY two mining companies is bound to have numerous flaws.

I think people should try and steer away from comparing mining companies at all as even two identical companies with identical size tenements sitting right next to each other mining the same materials can be fraught with danger. For example if rail/road infrastructure runs thru or adjacent to one but the other needs to build rail or road infrastructure then the cost different per tonne/barrel to produce gets radically affected.

Anyway, enough about NDO Vs Samson.
    Good luck to holders of both.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.