CAI 0.00% 11.5¢ calidus resources limited

An investment into a business may be high risk if the wrong...

1. 51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    An investment into a business may be high risk if the wrong personnel are in key decision making areas and appropriate safeguards have not been enforced or developed by the board to ensure investor safety and risk mitigation. I'm unsure to what degree this would apply in this instance, though done accurately, done correctly, proven correctly, managed correctly, informed correctly, there shouldn't be any significant risk in mineral explorers, in particular if the data they provided was 100% correct and the team have previous track record with the right education and experience. In considering the 80/20 rule though, if metrics are out by 20% (in particular if there's more than 1 metric out by beyond that amount) it may suggest some deeper issues that require careful and scrutinising investigation.

What qualifications are held by the management team, who has finished their eMBA's, what secondary checks and balances were present to offload risk and maximise investor interests (metrics / testing / secondary checks and balances to ensure no single point of human error - tired eyes - fat fingers etc), who has project management (Prince2) accreditation and historic use of what to many would be considered the only project management framework for commercial and government applications (actually New Zealand government went as far as mandating all project upgrades and repairs following earthquakes requiring Prince 2 project management accreditation). Building the processing site, it's a project. Extracting ore, it's a project. Operating a mine, it's a project. How many of the management team have project management accreditation under the Prince2 framework? Has the project been rolled out under the Prince2 framework? Are the project managers actually certified under the Prine2 framework or do staff & contractors just step in and do their best with whatever background and experience they have in the past, similar to the ineffective politicians that try really poorly to run this country!? Was a certified Prince2 project manager consulting on all elements?

When was a risk assessment performed? Who performed the risk assessment? What was the items of risk considered under those risk assessments? What did the risk profile show in relation to design items? Was there any risk assessment done by any internal member? By any independent third party? What ISO certifications does the build and site adhere to?

Quoting from https://www.slatergordon.com.au/class-actions/current-class-actions

"How do I start my own class action? In Australia, Class Actions take place in the Federal Court and State Supreme Courts.

There are three criteria that need to be met for a lawsuit to take place:
    1. There must be 7 or more people claiming;
    2. From the sale, or similar, event/circumstances; and
    3. The claim must relate to at least one common issue of law or fact. Australian Class Actions work an opt-out model. This means that all people affected by the event or circumstance become members of the action whether they intended to or not. These members are bound by the decision of the court or settlement unless they opt-out of the proceedings. If you are involved in a class action you will be notified."

When almost 90% of value has been eroded for investors, and some companies can keep pulling the wool over investors eyes, I stand behind this approach in saying I've had enough of companies expecting that we will sit back and not do anything when their actions significantly affect our lives, our livelihood and our financial interests.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.