AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Thesi, 6906 tonnes ? The chart clearly shows production ramping...

1. niu
    1,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 578
    Thesi,

6906 tonnes ? The chart clearly shows production ramping up so it makes more sense to annualise current production - the latest we have is the month of September - 1125 tonnes (annualised to 13,500 tpa)

That is 13,500 tpa in the bank, cash flowing, already. If we look at potential, then look just a little further ahead (November onwards - after hydrocyclone upgrade) when tonnage should move to somewhat north of 15,000 tpa

But markets are forward looking, so look a little further ahead (conservatively to 2020-ish by which time stage 2 should be well in production) and annual output rises to circa 40 ktpa.

66.5% - the ownership structure of SDJ has been well known and understood since its establishment in 2012. Most here are capable of doing the maths. Other would-be brine producers in Argentina will find they have to relinquish some ownership in order to get to development.

I had heard that production costs were actually up around the USD$4,000-$4,250 mark.
    Really? The presentation gives a figure of USD 3,579 /t for current production costs. Are you saying that the directors of ORE are making false and misleading statements?

Costs should fall further as output increases toward nameplate.

Can anyone help me to understand why Orocobre is a confident investment when they continue to underachieve?
    If you choose to hang Joe's "underachiever" label on them and frame your argument based on FY2016 past results, then perhaps we should look at GXY, or NMT, or PLS, or LAC, or BGS, or KDR. Output for any of them in FY2016? Zero - total non-achievers...
    But that would be as unfair to them as it is to ORE. They are all on the journey towards production - some will get there, some won't. ORE is very much further along that path - fully funded, producing, and cash flow positive. Not a bad position to be in - a long way ahead of the pack...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.