MSB 0.00% $1.10 mesoblast limited

Hi Tejano,Great post and yeah I think there some other companies...

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Hi Tejano,

Great post and yeah I think there some other companies out there (Osiris; Athersys; Pluristem) that could be worth revisting over the years. These companies are well known to Mesoblast and covered in SCE analyst reports.

Having had a chance to read the article, I understand Martin Snkreli's position as a stock speculator/fund manager, but clearly he hasnt spent the weeks, months, years in following MSB to get a better understanding of its historical achievements and its credibility in the world of medical science.

A couple of points to note regarding the Seeking Alpha article ( already noted by your post) are as follows:

(1)Mesoblast has 12 applications ongoing which is noted on Page 10 of the Nomura Asia prensentation on 14 June 2011:
    1 X Phase III (recently); 7 X Phase II (Intervertebral disk recently; 4 X Pre-clinical.

(2) The articles reference to the 6 mth CHF trials was well covered during the Mesoblast/Cephalon Alliance presentation - highlighted at the JP Morgan Healthcare conference on 12 Jan 2011 ( for those interested, refer Page 7 of the presentation). As we all know , based on the 60 patient CHF 6 month interim data(plus BMT trials), CEPH purchased 19.9% of Mesoblast.

(3) CEPH's(specilaity Pharma) decision was then ratified by a much larger specilaity Pharma (TEVA). IMO, I still dont believe the market has TRULY understood, the investment and long term committment in Mesoblast made by CEPH / TEVA ( highly accomplished; experienced and proven talented people in their fields).

In closing and in reference to the Alphas comments about the small trials - yes, it is true that FDA wont approve a product unless Phase III trials are shown to be safe and and effective.

But the robustness of the Meso trials and the subsequent excitement that CEPH may have witnessed (and its decision to invest $350M), may be explained in Graeme Kaufmans comments at the ASX presentation conference (NY) on 14 March 2011, where he noted that the 60 patient Phase II trial was " never powered to demonstrate the results they received" and was more about safety . As we all know, the trials produced remarkable efficacy results ( covered in the JP Morgan presentation - refer (2) above)).
    Note: If you google ASX Mesoblast NY presentation , it is around the end (approx last 8 minutes) of the 24 minute presentation.

All comments are welcome and good for stimulating discussion and further understanding the company we have invested in.

The above are my views only and please DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.13 $1.08 $5.380M 4.893M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 69437 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 19999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.