AIM 5.68% 41.5¢ ai-media technologies limited

Funny (in an bemusing kind of way ... not in a haha way) to see...

1. 585 Posts.
    Funny (in an bemusing kind of way ... not in a haha way) to see a bit of impatience.

Interesting thing that the chairman said at the EGM which was that on average mines take a very long time and MF concurred with a comment that 8 years is about the average. 8 years door to door. Now given that the BFS was less than 2 years ago and that production is due late 2008 (making it 3 years) I think that a result on this front is positive (please feel free to disagree)

Do I think the management have done a good job? Well I think their communication has been fairly ordinary up until now. I also think that we may have had to have done a deal with the devil (WW) to get the cash in the bank (remember that when you step away from all the hype AIM is still a junior miner and people traditionally don't line up to throw cash - I mean real cash - at specs). I think that the timeline slippage are a bit of a joke and that unfortunately the management have made a habit of announcing dates that they cannot keep in the past. Believe me ... this most certainly was raised at the meeting.

However the fact remains that unlike a number of companies out there, ours now has cash backing behind it. That is a bit of a critical sort of thing to have to turn from a spec explorer into a producer. I know that in a perfect world we could get a mine going with little money and lots of people lining up to do the work on a semi volunteer kind of way (this world is the same one inhabited by oompa loompas and big rivers of chocolate).

I guess I can only speak for myself when I say that I would take a year of grief and frustration and see AIM make it to production in late 2008 in the most boring fashion possible than see exciting (and yet meaningless) announcements akin to some of the garbage we see being thrown around by the market. Fundamentals of share valuatin comes down to earnings. No earnings = no business = eventually no sharevalue.

Advice to holders? Well I suggest taking a deep breath and stop and consider the fundamentals of the company. Cash in the bank .... check. Immediate future of the company in hand ... check. Zinc in the ground .... check. Project in Zambia offering blue sky ... check. Mine development is a game that takes a very very ling time normally ... if you have the patience to see it through I am pretty sure it will all work out in the end. If you have zero patience well then I suggest selling the stock because the sleepness nights and frustration will only cause your quality of like to deteriorate and I don't think you can put a dollar figure on that.

As usual ... please do your own research and good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
-0.025(5.68%)
Mkt cap ! $86.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 46.0¢ 41.0¢ $208.9K 481.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 128722 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.