GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Seems like gld price not hitting $1300 tonight.Hmmm, page-19

1. 43,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    Unlike some, I am not here looking for TU capital or telling the HC world how successful or otherwise I am. You can track me on the gold stocks I follow or have an interest in the individual forum of discussion and any other ones I have an exposure. Most are not worth discussing as there isn't much chatter since they are not speculative in nature.

I have already mentioned many times what my philosophy of gold exposure but I'll post one more time for your benefit. I don't try to pick tops and bottoms but I am aware in doing so can be very rewarding. I am after consistency so counter trend investing or trading has low consistency rate. I am therefore aware that punting on yesterday's fallen angels will accompany much bigger % returns than the more expensive peers and I don't have a problem with that. I am investing in gold for the longer term rather than a quick swing.

I may appear to be a fence sitter because I DON'T KNOW WHERE PRICE IS GOING. I adjust my trading decision accordingly unlike some who are good at price prediction right to the day. Surely they would be minting $$ and using the market like an ATM?

In this respect I do not even take price predictions with a 'grain of salt' unless they come up with a reasoning of why they are that way incline. Anyone can make price predictions and keep banging on it. At least Skol justify his stance with his reasoning. Even Schiff puts up an argument with his prediction. Some HC folks just put up a few lines of declaration like they own the truth and of course they will get derided.

I post on the process and mind set, stuff that HC folks seems to have missed thinking it is all about trading. The sitting on one's hands either in or out of positions are the most crucial times of the journey. Anyone can just buy and hold using the same long term head in the sand approach that is propagated by the industry. If you were here holding gold stocks pre-GFC, I doubt your LT strategy will bear any fruits besides a few starter speckies back then.

Good luck punting, some thinks this is investing....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.