DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

SEEMS TIME TO GIVE UP, page-474

1. 11,865 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6513
    Hey John,
    I do not have a mining background, so I am further down the ladder than you (by a long way).
    It is pleasing to hear that from what you have heard, the U/G is viable (I have actually always assumed it was, and the reason for stopping mining was more to do with LJ person preference, I know that is just speculation, but he did similar things when he was running DRM). Just seemed to be a real waste to have not at the least, kept a skeleton crew of the U/G team going. I have a feeling they would have more than paid for themselves and ensured that the costs soon to be booked (for the U/G restart), would have been less erroneous.

I am not surprised to hear about the bonus' being offered regarding staffing (I wonder if that means AISC will be higher not just for this quarter, but over the near term until they do indeed have U/G ore supplementing the open pits. Though that is the first time I had heard an actual figure shared on HC. It does indeed not take much to upset many... when the leader is the cause. I do hope I have not come across as being negative on the DCN team on the ground. I have no doubt they are working their a*&&s off.
    Another producer I hold has also hinted that weather has affected their operations somewhat and 3-4 days sounds about right.

Enjoy the cuppa! On 20 days or so left for the quarter. Here's hoping W.A has clear skies from here out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.