CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

seems to me..., page-51

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9

years ago I posted that if WM wanted to do the things he had planned for CDU that he should aim to delist the company and take it Private. It was the only way he could ever protect the company from raiders (Xstrata as he thought at the time?) who may have wanted to takeover CDU before it made it into production depriving himself and investors of future profits.

All those trading gymnastics he has performed over the years to protect the company and its sp from speculators has really been futile.

Once a company is publicly listed there is no strategy directors could possibly employ to prevent others from trading company stock as they see fit, with the concomitant effects on the sp - few companies are rich enough to buy the market. If they were, they'd simply delist it.

So ultimately, if there is perceived to be substance and value in CDU (I wouldn't know) it could be taken out by any interested sufficiently well funded organisation at its leisure. Which leaves WM's years long strategy in the toilet....

despite my misgivings about WM, and past losses in CDU, I would like to see its long term shareholders finally take home the prize, but it looks very uncertain the way things are ATM?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.