SEG vs MPJ and others

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    Hi all,

Am new to this thread and have only recently become interested in SEG. Am currently an MPJ holder and am looking at SEG (and possibly a couple of other junior nickel plays) to provide further exposure to potential Nickel sulphide discoveries, particularly in the Fraser Range belt.

My question is to those that know both companies well enough; Why is SEG nearly double the current Market cap of MPJ, especially when MPJ has kicked off it's diamond drilling campaign a month earlier than SEG and has already achieved early high grade success (albeit narrow vein) after only one hole? i.e. what are the main differences between the two companies in terms of their assets, prospectivity and financials? My understanding is that their geo expertise is both excellent and very similar ;-)

So at this time I'm struggling to imagine significant movement to the SEG share price in the very short term i.e. next few weeks leading up to first drilling results, however I am aware that there are some interim announcements pending that may make a difference. MPJ on the other hand is only days away from further diamond drilling results and therefore the news flow should be a little more meaningful (good or bad) in the next 2-4 weeks IMO.

Any analysis/objective opinions comparing MPJ to SEG (and/or others in the same space i.e. RMR, BUX etc.) would be most welcome. Basically I'm trying to find and compare those junior companies and their teams who are most likely to discover something viable first (if at all) and allocate my spare change accordingly. Am always trying to prevent my capital from becoming idle (unless there are dividends at stake) and as they say research & timing is everything in the market. To that end my goal is to substantially boost my overall ROI for the remainder of 2014.

p.s. not meaning to sound negative to those that have fallen in love with SEG (and MPJ), but I have read so much bs over the years on the various forums (especially HC) and.......what I believe we should all remember (to sober us up and/or settle us down a bit) is that
    a) nearology can be a useful guide for geos however it is NOT an asset and therefore should not be valued as such
    b) dusters are the norm and not the exception in the exploration industry.
    i.e. for every SIR (and they almost ran out of cash) there are many, many exploration companies that have gone belly up trying to discover the next major deposit. i.e. If MPJ, SEG or any of the others strike it big and we so happen to hold at the time then we should consider ourselves extremely lucky IMO (as opposed to gurus). Not to say that we can't make our own luck and by that I mean a moment in time where preparation collides with opportunity. On that note I'm off to buy a $20million tatts ticket for tonight coz you gotta be in it to win it .
    Last edited by elphamale: 20/09/14
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $31.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $19.60K 8.671M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
106 196427309 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 88149116 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.34pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ 4617648
Last updated 14.06pm 14/06/2024 ?
AMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.