ADO 5.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Selecting a market

1. 729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1689
    Pardon the selection of a fresh subject heading, but it is important that we record history correctly.

I refer to bourbasted's post of yesterday (# 34455927) wherein he referred to one of dv's that criticised ADO's concentration for so long on the medical arena. Now I would need to check my diaries, but I well remember a lab visit two or three years ago with several others where early work on batteries had started, and there was considerable hope about a new prospect, Cook with medical devices. It was also at a time when POC1 (i.e. Phillips) was still on the boil.

I don't know what triggered the interest in battery development; perhaps other posters can help here. But it was at that same lab visit that in a slide presentation Joe Maeji showed a circular diagram absolutely filled with areas of industry and human endeavour where our technology could be applied. And it made good sense. But clearly we all knew and agreed that ADO should concentrate on what were considered to be the most likely cases to bear fruit. That slide was later posted and discussed on HC.

Other posters (e.g. esteeve - are you out there, esteeve? I know you're lurking somewhere, as I read a post from you recently), who have had a much longer history than mine with Anteo, can bring some more to light here. Anteo's very early work was in the biological/medical field, was it not? And why was that? An area Joe knew a fair bit about, perhaps? So you start with what you understand, where your strengths are. Over time, your knowledge and capabilities extend.

Gosh, when I first started to learn about teleprocessing in the late 1960s, when a speed of 150 characters per second was seen as decent, and twice that outstanding, we had absolutely no idea that such a technology could develop to the stage we have today. When I look back with hindsight, I have to ask "Why couldn't I have foreseen that?" Yep, hind-site's wunderful, ain't it? It's all very well to say now "if only . . ."
    but you have to start from where you are a now and what you know.

One of the interesting comments Stefan made to me a few months ago, before they went to the battery conference in Japan, was that Anteo's intent was to pick up the threads with those players after our nearly two years of silence (was it as long as that?). Stefan said that after our previous trip to meet with various players, they had been quite interested, and told us to go away and do some further work, then get back to them. But we had not pursued that work. Not at all? I was quite shocked to learn this. Now I know that the period was confused very much with the introduction of DIAsource into the mix, but nevertheless, that battery opportunity fell into a hole throughout the period when dv's champions appeared to me to hold sway.

So when we are discussing best strategies for Anteo, let's not re-write history. George Orwell was much better at doing that for us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $8.864K 422.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 433287 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 413515 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.