Id consider myself more liberal than social.I dont think people...

1. 3,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1118

Id consider myself more liberal than social.

I dont think people should be given out handouts. Especially if they are regulars on the dole. Its a short term payment system and should cease if you havent bothered to get off your ass after a few weeks and found a job.

I also believe that at this time when tens of thousands are facing unemployment crisis the government should be doing better. People shouldnt need to stand in line for hours outside centrelink, they shouldnt need to be hours on the internet trying to get onto mygov to sign up for payments. An they certainly shouldnt after losing there job, being isolated and somewhat mentally defeated, left to fill out millions of forms in order to get some sort of assistance payment for a once in a lifetime event.

Some of these people are working class, honest, hard workers. Yet the government wants to asset test sole traders before they get payments....

Why is it Joe Blogs who has received the dole for 4 years gets paid extra but Billy Jean whos worked for 5 years and tried to make something of himself has to burn through his personal assets before he gets squat. Its the same can be said for ANYONE with pre-existing assets.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Its UN-AUSTRALIAN and I expected better of a LIBERAL based government. Workers should be rewarded and the drug addict junkies should get back in their box.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.