ADO 4.76% 2.0¢ anteotech ltd

"Self healing" - Coating Anode, page-3

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    Interesting article. The first article is from 2013 so they would have had some time to improve their coating so the Silicon anode lasts for more than 100 charge cycles.
    I wonder if they have been successful with that project?

This article doesn't provide much in terms of numbers so we don't know if the Silicon / Carbon nano compound compromises on capacity and on charging cycles to provide a bit of a compromise.

Assuming that there are no further hurdles we haven't been told about with Mix & Go coating Silicon anodes, this could be bigger than even my vivid imagination can think of.

A couple of examples, using the figures published by Anteo and not the theoretical storage capacity of >10 fold that some research indicates.
    Current Tesla cars use for their 85kwh battery pack carry 540KG of batteries to provide them with 510KM of range. If the original claims were correct and ignoring the additional range by reducing the weight, a Silicon anode based battery can achieve that range with 77KG. At 220KG, you would get a handy 1500KM of range.

Current Telsa powerwalls for 6.4Kwh of storage are 97KG. With Silicon anodes we could assume that the weight for 6.4kwh would drop to 13.8KG and the package would be 1/7 the size. So for 20Kwh we would be looking at a device weighing 45KG and less than half the size of what currently stores 6.4Kwh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.