self managed super, page-2

1. 761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    bb,

For background I administer my own SMSF.

You probably have the evidence to show whether or not you can achieve better returns than a super fund.

You might want to consider whether you have the time. However, seeing as most of the time is spent considering investments, rather than actually administration, the extra time for you would probably be modest.

I use

http://www.taxpayer.com.au/about/superannuation-australia

who can setup a trust deed.

I do everything myself, eg my own accounts (you could use an accountant - you may already use one). I use a very helpful auditor who charges a very modest fee.

There are many other approaches such as companies which do all the administration (even trading on your behalf). But if you have a strong interest in your investments, and already keep good records of your trades, then there is not much extra overhead in a SMSF.

The major irritation I have is having investments inside and outside of super. Whilst I have retired, I have not actually retired (from SMSF point of view). Because I live from income generated by my personal investments, I tend to spend more time cultivating my personal investments - and the results show! I just wish my wife would retire, at which time I would also "retire".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.