"Why should I pay a tax to go to the doctor?Its about as stupid...

1. 436 Posts.
    "Why should I pay a tax to go to the doctor?
    Its about as stupid as saying why should I
    pay the mechanic to service my car every 6 months.

This mentality of entitlement is so ingrained and
    so destructive in the long run.There are too many
    little Aussie bludgers.Its high time they were kicked
    into the real world."

I assume it's because that person has already paid a tax to go to the doctor.

I saw an article quoting Peter Dutton saying,

"But at the same time people on incomes like mine, or a reporter on $300,000 or $400,000 a year - should we expect to go to the doctor for free? That's a reasonable question to ask."

As much as I disagree with much of what Peter says, my answer to his question is "yes". I think those people should still be able to go to the doctor for "free" (I use quotes because that ACTUAL point is that it's NOT free - it just means, "without paying an extra doctors visit"). They've already paid to see the doctor.

There's no point trying to foist an extra doctors fee on people earning over X dollars because,

1/ Those people have already paid to see the doctor in their taxes.

2/ It's a futile solution! Health spending is rocketing up. It has nothing to do with revenue. A minor tax or fee or whatever will do NOTHING to solve the problem.

The real question (and it's answer) is,

WHY is health spending increasing so much? We need a detailed answer to this!

note, the question is NOT,

Why is health spending increasing?

The question is,

Why is health spending increasing by SUCH A MASSIVE AMOUNT?

fix THAT and you've actually fixed the problem!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/peter-dutton-says-wealthy-shouldnt-expect-free-doctor-visits-20140423-zqxv2.html#ixzz30WbJlFK3

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.