BIS 5.58% $4.73 bisalloy steel group limited

No Snosrap,I see no reason to sell down or change my sentiment...

1. 9,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    No Snosrap,I see no reason to sell down or change my sentiment from a buy.
    The board had an issue with ceo,issue was not disclosed but nothing to do with technology issues or financial guidance.
    The board i believe is made up of 4 including chairman and ceo.
    The chairman phillip cave is also chairman of anchorage private equity
    .Anchorage owns 16% of bis and phillip cave holds approx 2% ie total 18%.Phillip cave was one of the founders of anchorage private equity and because of his holdings would do what benefits bis..

So now that i'm posting i'll add some what i find interesting stuff.Which may or may not have any relevance to board room conflict ,i don't understand the US exclusive olbert distribution agreement ie does that mean for example if bis quotes their established customers like oshkosh do they have to pay olbert a commission etc etc etc.If bis can't sell direct to the major primes i would have thought that makes bis less competitive against SSAB and thysenkrupp.?
    On the other hand we have europe and the UK.smile.png
    Any orders will be additional business and i feel there are plenty of reasons for some large armor plate contracts for bis due to bisalloy's relationships with rheinmetall and rheinmetalls relations with KMW-nexter ,WFEL and salzgitter.This competitive advantage supported by the excellent exchange rate whether the euro or UK pound.Lets throw in the UK FTA and our mother country relationship..
    The US i'm still yet to understand.
    ps As much as i have annoying issues with our submarines bis is in the process of delivering initial steel,i believe the final delivery should be delivered in fy21.
    But the steel was broken up into 2 years maybe 3.
    I believe once first sub hull is constructed,I noticed new ASC facility has 2 lines to produce 2 submarines at the same time.
    As there should b no reason to break up future contracts like 1st sub,the potential order for 2 sub hull steel contracts would be well massive for bis .
    Lets not forget the lynx or hanwha contracts.
    So we have boxer fy21,maybe uk boxer fy21?,etc china etc.and potential german european orders.
    When I phoned bis i started the conversion with is there any change guidance ie the 30 to 40% increase in ebitda which would make me happy,it was suggested to me i would be happy ,taking into account this is nothing new as guidance has not been changed.
    ps i did have concerns about cjv due to current issues between govts,but then i thought the cjv exports r increasing to australia as bisalloys armor plate production grows.So our cjv div should b safe for nov.
    Anyway just my thoughts.
    psi hope for a little more clarity on US exclusive sales agreement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.73
Change
0.250(5.58%)
Mkt cap ! $225.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.53 $4.74 $4.53 $663.7K 142.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 260 $4.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.73 4998 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.